Affiliate marketing glossary is a list of the most common terms used among affiliates. Learning each keyword will help you have a better understanding of affiliate marketing.
Affiliate Marketing Glossary Terms:
1. Advertiser: An advertiser is usually known as the merchant. The merchant markets it's product and services through a site, web, or with the help of an affiliate program.
2. Affiliate: An affiliate is often called, the publisher. The affiliate assist the advertiser in marketing their product. As a result of each sale generated the affiliate will earn a commission.
3. Management Solution and Tracking: Advertisers have a system in which they keep track of the affiliates and sales that are generated. The management is usually done through the affiliate network or through any customer software.
4. Offer: The offer is the product or service the merchant is promoting. The advertiser will provide the affiliate all the necessary tools to achieve a sale. The advertiser will provide the affiliate the details of the product:
5. Creative: The term creative is refer to the tool management the advertiser provides an affiliate to promote the product or service:
6. Click: Click is refer to when a potential clicks on a creative. (Creative is usually the banner, text link, text ads, and etc)
7. Impression: Page views are ofter called, impressions. When a page is view and it contains the advertiser's creative tracking code is referred as an impression.
8. Link: If a text or image contains an url this is refer as a link. A link will always start with http. The link is usually integrated by the affiliate in their site or blog. When a potential buyer clicks on the link it leads the visitor to the advertiser's landing page. The landing page provides the product or service. It's very important the advertiser has a great landing page to improve their conversion rate. Each link contains a tracking code to differentiate between affiliates promoting the same product or service.
9. Conversion: The landing page is where the potential buyers end up when they press a link. The advertiser must have a great landing page to ensure high conversions rate.
10. Affiliate Agreement: The affiliate and merchant work on an affiliate agreement where the terms are discussed for the commission earned on each generated sale.
11. Affiliate Information Page: The affiliate information page explain the terms and conditions for any affiliate program you might be interested to join. It normally includes:
12. Affiliate Program Directory: Is a list of affiliate programs that you join. To view a list of affiliate directory, click here.
13. C.P.A. (Cost Per Action): It's usually refer to a conversion such a sale or lead.
14. C.P.M. (Cost Per Impression-Model): The cost of 1000 people reached, even if the ad is not clicked.
15. C.P.C. (Cost Per Click): The cost of an individual click based on the pay for per click basis.
16. C.P.O. (Cost Per Order): Is often refer to the amount of money spend on advertising or marketing and generate a sale.
17. Pay Per Lead: Affiliate's receive a reward for any leads that convert a sale.
18. Pay Per Click: Every unique click is consider pay per click. The unique visitor is measure by the unique ip address of the visitors.
19. Customer Bounty: For every new customer that is directed to a merchant, the affiliate partner will pay you.
20. Email Link: As an affiliate you can also promote your products through an email.
21. HTML Code (Hyper Text Markup Language): The HTML Code is what the affiliate places in their site in order to promote the product or service. The HTML Code has a tracking code to track the sale for the affiliate.
These are some helpful affiliate marketing glossary terms for beginners in affiliate marketing.
Make Money Online Tools> Affiliate Marketing Glossary